Effective December, 17, 2020 - Our Terms of Service has been updated.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using this website and our services.
Your access to and use of our website is conditional on your acceptance and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all website visitors. By accessing or using the website, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
If you disagree with any part of these terms, you may not access the website.
These Terms of Service are an agreement (“Agreement”) between Canopy Holdings AS, Norwegian business registration number: 916 539 754, (referred to as “Canopy Holdings”, “us” or “we”), and You (a natural person 16 years or older, accessing or using our Services, referred to as “You” or “User”).
The Agreement governs your access to and use of this website and any services (“Services”) directly associated with this website.
Your (continued) use of the Services shall constitute your acceptance of this Agreement. We will occasionally review and modify this Agreement. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will try to provide a message on our website to inform when new Terms are taken into effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion. By continuing to use the Services, you agree to any potential modifications of this Agreement.
The content and information included in these Services are provided by us, our affiliates, sub-contractors, business partners, other users, and third-party suppliers, and made available by us subject to this Agreement.
In the event of any discrepancies between this Agreement and any other agreement you may have with Canopy Holdings, this Agreement shall prevail.
2. The right to use the Services
3. New versions of the Service
The Services offered by us are updated continuously, and Canopy Holdings may at any time change the Services provided, including adding or deleting contents, features and functionalities.
4. Faults and problems with the Services
The Services are provided ‘AS IS’. The User accepts that the Services may have ‘faults’, ‘bugs’, ‘down-time’, and in general, may be unavailable or unable to fulfill its purposes for some periods.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
By this Agreement, the Customers and Users do not acquire any intellectual property rights to the Service, documentation, trademarks, or anything else.
The Customers and Users cannot change, copy, license, resell or otherwise control the Service or other intangible assets owned by Canopy Holdings or our suppliers, unless otherwise agreed in writing with Canopy Holdings.
The Customers and Users shall not, in addition to what follows from mandatory legislation, make or attempt to undertake any “reverse engineering” of the Service, cf. The Norwegian Copyright Act (“Åndsverksloven” 39 i).
8. Non-acceptable use
You may not (directly or indirectly) use the services in a way that:
– violates a citizen’s right to privacy as stated in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Found here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en);
– is threatening, harassing, abusive, stalking, or defamatory;
– is false, deceptive, misleading, or fraudulent;
– is invasive of another person’s privacy or otherwise violates another person or company’s legal rights (e.g. rights of privacy and publicity);
– contains vulgar, indecent, obscene, or unlawful material;
– infringes on a third party’s intellectual property right(s);
– publishes, uploads, or otherwise distribute any material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) without the necessary rights and consents to do so;
– uploads corrupted files, files that contain viruses, or any other software or programs that may damage the operation of the service or another’s computer;
– downloads any file that you know, or reasonably is expected to know, cannot be legally distributed in such a way;
– falsifies or deletes any information of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
– restricts or inhibits any other User of Canopy Holdings’s Services from using and enjoying the service;
– scrapes or otherwise collects information about other Users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
– is legally actionable between private parties;
– reduces the security of the Canopy Holdings’s Services;
– is aimed at accessing data not intended for You;
– attempts to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any of Canopy Holdings’s Services or try to breach the security or authentication measures without authorization;
– violates good faith use of the service; or
– violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation.
We encourage all Users of our Services to help us ensure the quality of the product by reporting (e.g., to firstname.lastname@example.org) any knowledge or suspicion of violations of acceptable use (as stated here) or use violating the stated purpose of use of the Services.
9. Limitation of Liability
Canopy Holdings is not liable for loss/damage, including loss of data, as a result of errors or other circumstances related to the Service, in addition to direct losses as a result of Canopy Holdings’s breach of the Agreement, within the scope of the limitations of liability below.
Under no circumstances can the Customers or Users claim compensation for indirect losses. Indirect loss includes, but is not limited to, loss of profits, revenue, anticipated savings, goodwill, loss of or damage to data, loss caused by interruption of production, disruption of the use of the Service, or third party claims (except third party claims based that third party intellectual property rights are infringed).
Notices pursuant to this agreement shall be sent by mail to email@example.com.
11. The Customer’s Data
The Customer’s data shall be treated with full confidentiality and will not be used by Canopy Holdings for any other purposes than to fulfill Canopy Holdings’s obligations to the Customer or to control the Customer’s use of the Services as described above.
12. Governing Law & Venue
The agreement is governed by Norwegian law. Any disputes arising out of this Agreement shall be solved by negotiation. Oslo District Court is adopted as a venue.